- ADVERTISEMENT -
For Carrot Cake:
- ⅓ cup canola or melted coconut oil
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup crushed pineapple well drained
- ⅔ cup grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts optional
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts optional
For the Carrot Cake Batter:
- Mix together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda together. Add in carrots and pineapple and toss with flour. If using walnuts and raisins add as well now with the flour mixture.
- Mix together egg, oil sugar and vanilla auntil well combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix dry an wet ingredients together until just combined.
For the Cheesecake Batter:
- With a hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese with sour cream, egg, sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
For the Carrot Cake Cheesecake:
- Grease your springform or cake pan with a bit of melted coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Pour half the carrot cake batter into the pan and spread out to evenly cover the bottom of the pan. Dollop half the cheesecake batter on top of the carrot cake batter. Repeat layers. Alternatively, pour the carrot cake batter on bottom of pan and then top with cheesecake layer.
- Tap the pan gently on the counter 2-3 times to help release air bubbles. Cover the cheesecake with aluminum foil to prevent condensation from forming on the top of the cheesecake.
- Place trivet in the inner pot of pressure cooker and pour in 1.5 cups cold tap water for 8 quart instant pot. Place cheesecake on the trivet, close lid, and be sure the vent is positioned to the sealed position.
- Push manual (or pressure cook) button and adjust time to 45 minutes on high pressure. Not: If you use thick foil, not thin foil, adjust cooking time to 55 minutes.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes and then do a quick release for remaining pressure.
- Remove cheesecake from the inner pot and let cool for 20 minutes before removing the foil. Continue to cool until cheesecake is at room temperature before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate for 12-24 hours before serving for optimal flavor.
For Assembling & Serving:
- Before serving, sprinkle walnuts around cheesecake to create a border, if desired.
- ADVERTISEMENT -