Buckeye No Bake Cookies
- ADVERTISEMENT -
For The Buckeye:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter 240 grams
- 1 cup powdered sugar 120 grams
For The No Bake Cookies:
- ½ cup salted butter 4 ounces
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar 200 grams
- 1 cup granulated sugar 201 grams
- ¼ cup cocoa powder 20 grams
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter 180 grams
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups instant oats 290 grams
- 3 1/2 ounces high quality dark chocolate cut into chunks
For The Chocolate Topping:
- 10 ounces Ghirardelli Dark or milk chocolate melting wafers
Make The Buckeye Filling:
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to mix together the peanut butter and powdered sugar, scraping the bowl as needed. Mix until well combined.
- Roll the peanut butter filling into 24 equal sized balls. Set aside.
Make The Cookies:
- Combine butter, milk, sugars, and cocoa powder. Cook over low heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally. Do not turn up heat to make the process go by faster.
- Once boiling, turn heat up to medium, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling for 1 minute and then take off heat. (Set a timer to prevent overcooking.)
- Add in peanut butter and vanilla extract and stir.
- Add in oats and stir again.
- Add in chopped dark chocolate and give a quick stir (Don’t mix it in completely. You want a little bit of a chocolate swirl.)
- Drop onto parchment lined sheet pan. I get 24 cookies.
- Place a peanut butter ball in the center and press down slightly.
Melt The Chocolate:
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate wafers in 20-30 second increments, stirring between each interval. This should take less than 2 minutes total to melt, but melt it slowly.
- Spoon melted chocolate overtop each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to rest until the chocolate is set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- ADVERTISEMENT -