My husband and I were sipping our coffee and trying to figure out what we wanted for breakfast. When my youngest child entered the room, he asked for donuts!
My husband gladly consented and leapt into action, as it had been a long time. We opted to bake cinnamon sugar donuts because everyone loves them, and they were ready to eat in no time!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Grease a donut pan and divide the batter amongst 6 donut wells.
- Place pan in a preheated oven, 375 degrees, and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, combine the sugar and cinnamon together for the topping.
- Pour melted butter into a shallow bowl.
- Once donuts are out of the oven, dip the top of the donut into the butter, followed by dipping into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Continue process until all donuts have been thoroughly coated.
- Serve and enjoy!